Your Car Turns Ten, Now What?
Here’s a straightforward guide by RenewCOE on how to renew COE in Singapore.
Unlike buying a new car, you don’t have to participate in an open bidding for a renewal of COE.
When the COE of your vehicle is close to ten years old, you can revalidate it by paying a Prevailing Quota Premium (PQP). Otherwise, your car must be de-registered after 10 years.
COE for Private Cars
The great news: there is no limit to how many times you can renew the COE of your beloved car so long as the COE is renewed for 10 years.
The bad: If the prior COE renewal for your car had been 5 years, it has to be de-registered as further renewal is not allowed.
COE for Commercial Vehicles
Renewal of COE for commercial vehicles is subjected to the vehicle’s statutory lifespan. Therefore, only 5-year COE renewals are allowed.
Should you de-register your vehicle before the expiry of its COE, you are eligible for a rebate. The amount is pro-rated to the number of months & days remaining on the vehicle’s COE, which you have paid.
COE Application Forms
It will take you 5 minutes to fill out the forms that can be downloaded here.
- The vehicle registration number;
- The vehicle owner’s name, NRIC (Singaporean, Singapore PR and Malaysian) / Passport number and place of issue (other Foreigners) / ACRA number / UEN / LTA-issued ID (for vehicle registered under company name);
- If the registered vehicle owner is not present, the authorised applicant’s name and NRIC number (Singaporean, Singapore PR and Malaysian) or Passport number (other Foreigners); and
- The current COE number and its expiry date, COE rebate(s) to be used, vehicle category and its Prevailing Quota Premium.
Renew COE Online
If you have a valid Internet Banking Account (major banks), you may also renew COE Online via Onemotoring available daily from 6am to midnight.
Check COE Expiry
An important step if you want to avoid paying more.
LTA slaps a Late Payment fee if the application is received within 1 month after the expiration of the COE. You could forfeit your eligibility for renewal if the COE has expired for more than 1 month.
How COE Renewal Loans works
If you are age 21 & above, RenewCOE can finance 100% of your PQP.
- Please call us at +65 6444 4400.
- Instructions and other requirements will be sent to you via email by our COE Renewal Loan specialist.
- Interest Rates will be advised depending on the age of the vehicle and loan tenure.
- Submit all the requirements and/or signed documents needed to our fax at (fax number here) or email at (email here).
- Once all the requirements and/or signed documents were submitted, we will proceed with the submission of your COE Renewal application.
- Our COE Renewal Loan specialist will notify you within 1 working day via a call or text message regarding the status of your applications.